With so many great events going on, you are sure to find something interesting! I’ve always said that you can eat and drink (and learn something new) for free 5 nights a week by just attending Meetups!
If you have a meetup or event that you would like added to the calendar, just drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Women Who Code & Front Range Elm: Beginners Night
January 23 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
This event is being co-organized with our friends from Front Range Elm!
We love getting a diverse group of people, from beginners to experts, so if you are on the fence about coming out, just go for it! No prior knowledge necessary – how much better can it get?!
Big shout out to Pivotal for hosting us!
– Elm does not have a `null` value, so there are no Null Pointer errors. In fact, the compiler guarantees your app will have no runtime errors.
– When Elm code does not compile, the compiler errors are friendly and human centric. https://elm-lang.org/blog/compiler-errors-for-humans
– The Elm Architecture actually inspired the design of React Redux!
– Being a simple language, learning Elm is a great way to learn functional programming and gain exposure to other programming ideas
The plan for the evening is:
– 5:30 pm Doors Open/Welcome & Networking
– 5:45 pm Enjoy some pizza
– 6:15 pm Talk & Live Code Demo!
John Roemer will demo his trivia app with a Rails back end and JS front end, which is currently being ported to Elm. Then, we will code a simple Elm app from scratch (no Elm experience required and all questions welcome!!).
What to bring: Laptops are optional (but encouraged, especially if you like to learn hands on)
Location – The Pivotal office is located at Level 5, 1035 Pearl Street (the West End Plaza, which is in between Tahona and The Kitchen Next Door). Look out for the sign on the door. There will be someone waiting in the lobby to help navigate the elevator / stairs to Level 5.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions (message me via meetup or comment on the event).
Hope to see you there,