Episode #3 –
Michael Simpson, Co-Founder and CEO – Pairin was founded on the belief that all people have amazing value, but most of us never realize our potential.
Welcome to episode 3 of Colorado TechCast.
Colorado TechCast brings you interviews with entrepreneurs, thought leaders and technology pioneers from around the state.
We provide a behind the scenes look at who’s doing what, why, and how you can get involved.
Join us each episode to hear the exciting stories of technology happenings in our state.
In this episode I interview Michael Simpson, CoFounder and CEO of Pairin. Based in the RiNo district in Denver, Pairin’s mission is to make education relevant and hiring equitable.
Pairin’s Behavioral Testing is based on Dr. Harrison Gough’s Adjective Check List (ACL). The ACL is a norm-referenced standardized test consisting of 300 adjectives and adjectival phrases commonly used to describe a person’s behavioral attributes.
Awarded Startup of the year by the Denver Chamber of Commerce, Pairin was founded on the belief that all people have amazing value, but most of us never realize our potential. People are too often put into ill-fitting boxes, told we can’t, won’t and will never be able to attain our dreams. Many people hear this so much they never even dream big, or pursue their goals as if they are truly attainable. This is something that Pairin wants to change.
Links to things we talk about:
- Learn more about Pairin [Here]
- Check out Michael’s Linkedin profile [Here]
- 2017 Denver Startup of the year [Here]
- Who do you know at Pairin?[Here]
- Follow Pairin on Twitter [Here]
In this episode, we discuss:
- Challenges associated with being an entrepreneur, that you don’t encounter in a large company [7:50]
- On working with Eric Schmidt [10:50]
- Picking all futures and the pay off of Parin [14:40]
- Lessons learned from working with VC’s [20:35]
- Hardest Decisions: Paying yourself, hiring before you’re ready, and NOT taking money [26:15]
- Why Denver [32:15]
- Winning the 2017 Startup of the Year Award [36:45]
- Building a nurturing culture [38:55]
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR, PLEASE:
I want this show to be relevant to you, so please send me your thoughts and suggestions.
My email address is trapper@coloradoTechCast.com
You can also hit me up on twitter. The show handle is @CoTechCast
I read and respond to all messages so drop me a line and tell me what you think
I am always on the look out for future guests, so if you know anyone with an interesting story to tell, or you yourself would like to come on and talk about what you’re building, then send me an email.
Thanks for tuning in, and join us next time when we bring you the story of another digital pioneer in from Colorado!